You can scroll through the entire list of these favourite Christmas cookie recipes, or click the GROUP HEADINGS to jump to a particular section of interest:
- MOST POPULAR – Show-stopping homemade cookie recipes that are the most popular on our site, rated by family, friends, and maybe even you!
- NO-BAKE – Three simple but very flavourful cookies that always get rave reviews. Bonus: all three recipes are gluten-free – no flour in sight!
- CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIES – Three distinctly different cookies that utilize the same sugar cookie recipe as their base. Cocoa powder, nuts, jam and coconut can take our classic recipe in three amazingly different directions.
- HOLIDAY CLASSICS – Gingerbread, biscotti, a favourite crispy snap cookie, and a unique miniature tart confection.
- SQUARES – These squares are featured on this list because they’re as easy to make as a cookie. We also like how a big batch can be cut into dainty 1-inch squares, adding a bit of interest and variation to your baking trays.
- BONUS ROUND – Two surprise recipes for sweet treats. Hint: they aren’t cookies, and you won’t need the oven to make them. As a bonus, they make lovely gifts too.
These essential recipes are keepers; speaking from experience, you’ll make them once, and they’ll return to your baking trays year after year. That said, best to keep them at the ready, so make sure to PIN the recipes on a favourite Pinterest board and SHARE them with friends. We’d also appreciate seeing pics when you make them. Use #weekendatthecottage when you post on Facebook and Instagram. Thanks for sharing with the world!
Here is the essential cookie list for the holiday season, our top 20 BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES! Don’t forget to click those LINK BUTTONS under each listing to go straight to the recipe or video.