Asian Seafood Soup
- 2½ cups of vegetable broth
- 4 sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cups gluten free noodles, cooked as directed
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 red radish, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups spring peas, shelled, pods discarded
- 2 cups shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, skinned and shredded
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- dash of sriracha or other hot sauce
- garnish a sprinkling of microgreens
Takes , serves 2 bowls.
- Wash and then peel, trim, cut, chop, slice, dice or julienne vegetables as you wish. Rinse sea scallops and then pat dry.
- Pour vegetable broth into a medium-sized pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Stir in garlic, ginger and salt. Cover.
- Bring 5 cups of salted water to a boil. Add dried noodles and cook as directed. Drain and divide into two soup bowls.
- At the same time, bring a medium sized skillet to medium-high temperature. Add butter and olive oil, allowing them to blend and come to temperature. Add scallops, being careful not to crowd them in the skillet. Sear one side, about 3-4 minutes, turn over and repeat. Once cooked, remove from skillet and allow to rest.
- Return broth to a boil. Add vegetables and cook for 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove all of the vegetables from the broth. Spoon onto cooked noodles, dividing them evenly between the two bowls.
- Transfer two seared scallops into each bowl. Ladle equal amounts of boiling broth into each bowl.
- Add a dash of hot sauce to each bowl and garnish both with a sprinkling of microgreens.
- Serve immediately.