Glazed Oven-Baked Ham
- 1 8-12 pound bone-in ham, smoked and cured
- 20 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Pommery mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot English mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
Takes , serves 12 - 16.
- Place ham in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce to low and replace cover slightly ajar. Cook for 1-1½ hours.
- After ham is boiled, preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the lower position.
- Remove ham from water and place into a roasting pan. Cut away any excess rind or fat and score in a diamond shaped pattern. Insert one whole clove into the intersections of each diamond shape.
- Prepare the glaze by stirring the mustards, honey and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Rub the glaze evenly over the outside of the ham. Pour the apple cider vinegar over top and transfer to oven, baking for 35 - 45 minutes or until glaze is golden and the skin of the ham has crackled.
- Remove from oven, letting it rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.