A soothing, hot beverage infused with fresh-grated ginger, lemon juice, thyme and organic honey – this COLD REMEDY may just cure whatever ails you!
There’s nothing more miserable than the onset of a nasty cold. Symptoms include: runny or stuffy nose, an itchy or sore throat, cough, congestion, sneezing, watery eyes and sometimes a low-grade fever. Who needs it?!
Whenever you feel a cold or flu coming on, try making this COLD REMEDY – I guarantee it’ll make you feel a whole lot better.
Here’s why it works:
1) The fresh ginger is loaded with antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant, and anti-parasitic properties. It also contains anti-inflammatory compounds which help reduce chest pain and coughing.
2) Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work together against flu and cold infections.
3) Raw organic honey (honey that hasn’t been pasteurized, clarified, or filtered) contains two key ingredients: bee pollen and propolis, which has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
4) Fresh thyme leaves are a rich source of vitamins and minerals, considered essential for optimum health, including, potassium, iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and selenium.
Here are some preparation tips when you make this COLD REMEDY for yourself or a loved one:
1) Use organic ingredients whenever possible and prepare them right before you make your beverage.
2) Allow the COLD REMEDY to steep for five minutes before serving, and always stir the contents each time before you pour.
3) Drink the entire pot while it’s hot for optimum benefit.
4) Try to prepare and enjoy at least two to three times each day until cold and flu symptoms subside.
The last suggestion about this wonderful tonic is a recommendation to peel and eat a small mandarin or clementine while the COLD REMEDY steeps. I like to think that the hit of citrus wakes up the tastebuds while also sending a welcome message to your brain and body – you might feel yucky, but help is on the way!
A remarkably soothing, fresh-prepared hot beverage, packed with healing, restorative properties, the COLD REMEDY is just what he doctor (would have) ordered!
This recipe is offered as a possible way of alleviating cold and flu symptoms. As always, speak with a licensed physician about your health and well-being.
Enter your e-mail below and you’ll receive access to our monthly newsletters, member contests, exclusive-to-email photos and behind-the-scenes fun! Best of all, it’s FREE! We’d be so happy if you’d join our growing online community!