Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup premium bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup premium milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- sprinkling of kosher salt, on each cookie!
Takes , serves 36.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring butter and eggs to room temperature. Place pecans onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast in oven. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place softened butter and both sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Slowly beat until combined. With mixer running on low, add eggs, one at a time until combined. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and process until a thick dough forms.
- Remove bowl from stand and add chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Slowly stir in using a spoon or spatula until all ingredients are combined. Wrap dough in cellophane and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Scoop ping-pong ball-sized rounds of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, approximately 12 to each sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 12 minutes, turning the sheets at the 6 minute mark.
- Remove baked cookies from oven allowing them to cool slightly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a tall glass of cold milk! Mmmmmm...