These STRAWBERRY POPSICLES are the perfect make-ahead treat that always brings joy to a summer afternoon.
All of you moms and dads out there know how important an afternoon snack is, especially when kids get peckish on a warm summer afternoon. These homemade STRAWBERRY POPSICLES are the perfect wholesome treat to tide little kids over until dinner. Better still, big kids love ’em too!
Here’s what I’ve learned over the years:
1) You can find popsicle molds at grocery, department and dollar stores. Look for ones that come complete with standing trays and thick sticks. These two features help popsicles freeze uniformly.
2) Try to use fresh, locally grown fruit whenever possible to capture maximum flavour.
3) Limes can be substituted for lemons for the same delicious, tangy flavour.
4) Because there’s a variance in the sweetness of ripe strawberries, always start with just a fraction of the AGAVE NECTAR and continue adding more until it tastes just right for you.
5) Feel free to substitute the strawberries with raspberries, blueberries or blackberries, maintaining 2 cup quantity for each.
Fruity and refreshing, these STRAWBERRY POPSICLES are the best afternoon treat you’ll ever make. It’s like summer on a stick!
Wash and hull strawberries. Place all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
Slowly pour mixture into popsicle forms leaving enough room for the insertion of the popsicle stick.
Transfer into freezer and allow popsicles to freeze for at least four hours.
Once frozen, hold popsicle form in hand until the popsicle releases from the outer sleeve. Serve immediately.
Listening to great music is an important part of every Weekend at the Cottage. I love this album and figured it was perfect listening music for making STRAWBERRY POPSICLES. This album will provide you with a wonderful introduction to the Wild Strawberries if you’ve never heard them: Bet You Think I’m Lonely – Wild Strawberries
Enter your e-mail below and you’ll receive access to our monthly newsletters, member contests, exclusive-to-email photos and behind-the-scenes fun! Best of all, it’s FREE! We’d be so happy if you’d join our growing online community!