Weber Genesis 330 BarbecueInterests | July 04, 2015 | Nik Manojlovich
Here we go ladies and gentlemen, a Weekend at the Cottage do-it-yourself exclusive! We purchased a new WEBER GENESIS barbecue, and I’m sharing my firsthand experience of putting it together.
A few weeks back we finally agreed that it was time to say farewell to our old cottage barbecue. It was on it’s last legs and had served us well, yet was barely functioning. We agreed that the unit we use in the city could also meet our needs up in cottage country. Our Weber Genesis 330 is a superior barbecue that grills food to perfection. We decided to buy a second.
I figured getting the new barbecue up to the cottage would be easy but soon discovered that I’d need to assemble it myself. I called the folks at Weber and they assured me that assembling the barbecue would be no problem. Family members and friends cautioned me, “Are you crazy? Putting a barbecue together will take up an entire day and in the end, you’ll be pulling your hair out!”
Never one to shy away from a challenge, and with a few spare hairs left on this stubborn noggin, I figured I’d give it a go!
Here’s how it all went down…
1) The Weber Genesis 330 barbecue comes in a massive box that takes up a lot of room. Be prepared for that and plan accordingly.
2) When opening the box you’ll find unpacking instructions. That was a helpful and encouraging touch.
3) All of the parts are clearly marked and like-parts are packaged together. This made ME feel organized.
4) The instructions are remarkably clear and I was able to follow the 27 steps without getting confused.
5) The people at Weber also indicated what tools I’d need so I wasn’t frustrated trying to find the correct tool to perform a specific task.
6) I was really glad that the major components came already assembled. The wiring on the panel and the run of gas hoses and their connections were together and had been tested at the factory. I never once worried something could go wrong.
Most important was my time spent putting the barbecue together: only 1 hour and 15 minutes! My final take on this process? If I can do it, and I’m not that handy, then YOU can too!
I’ve posted a few photos of the process and you can scroll through the images by clicking the arrows on our photo slider. The last shot though is the best. The first meal made using our new Weber Genesis 330 barbecue? Juicy burgers topped with swiss cheese and bacon. Delicious and cooked to perfection. In the end, I expected nothing less.
A few final suggestions when you go to assemble your own Weber Genesis 330 barbecue…
1) Take some time and read through the instructions in advance, simply to familiarize yourself with the task at hand.
2) If you go to assemble your barbecue on an uneven surface like a deck, lay down a drop cloth or tarp so that none of the pieces go astray.
3) Lay out all of the parts in the order that you’ll need them before you begin. This will keep you organized and on-task.
4) Find and place out the tools you need before you begin so that you have them at the ready.
You can also visit WEBER to learn about their entire line of quality products.
Assembling a barbecue may well be an essential Weekend at the Cottage do-it-yourself project. I know you’ll have the same success!
The following items helped us create this post and video.
Just click on the below links to purchase them through Amazon.com and add them to your collection. Happy shopping!
Listening to great music is an important part of every Weekend at the Cottage! For this post I simply couldn’t resist! A Trick of the Tail – Genesis You can download this album by visiting iTunes.