Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Praline
- For the peaches:
- 6 ripe peaches, cut in half, stones removed
- ¼ cup of butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- For the mascarpone crème:
- 2 cups of mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- For the praline:
- 1½ cups of slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons of lavender blossoms, chopped
- 2 cups of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Takes , serves 6.
- For the peaches: Preheat barbecue to medium-high setting. Melt butter in a small saucepan and add honey. Lightly brush the peaches with the butter and honey mixture. Place the peaches, cut side down, onto the barbecue and grill for about 5 minutes or until you have nice grill marks and the fruit starts to caramelize. Remove from grill, transfer to platter and cool.
- For the mascarpone crème: Place all ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until light and fluffy.
- For the praline: Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread toasted almonds in an even layer and sprinkle with lavender. Place sugar and water in a medium sauce pan and stir to combine. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Do NOT stir! Once sugar has dissolved, continually brush down the sides of the pan with a pastry brush dipped in water (this will prevent crystals from forming). Continue cooking the sugar mixture till it turns a deep amber colour. Add the lemon juice, stir and then, immediately pour over almonds, coating with a thin layer. Tilt the pan slightly to distribute if it doesn’t cover all the nuts. Be careful in this stage – the mixture will be extremely hot. Cool completely and break into pieces or cut into shards.
- To assemble: Add a generous dollop of the mascarpone crème into the centre of each peach. Add praline and lavender blossoms as garnish. Serve immediately.